Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Yijia (Jess) Zhao: Graduate Student of the Week



What is your hometown?
Jinan, Shandong Province, China

What are your previous degrees? 
Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University; Civil Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University 

Who is your adviser? 
My advisor is Dr. Lingjuan Wang-Li. My major is Agricultural Engineering and the area of study is agricultural air quality. My research concentration is precursor gases (ammonia, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur oxides) to the formation of secondary inorganic fine particles. The first part is establishing an improved ammonia emission inventory for NC. The second part is linking precursor emissions to ambient concentrations using a chemical transport model. The third part is studying the spatial and temporal patterns of precursor atmospheric concentrations in NC.

What first made you interested in this field? 
The main things attracting me into this area are the research gap and the potential impacts and values of this research topic.

What do you like most about BAE? 
The most part I like about BAE is the people here. We are like a family here.

What is a little known fact about you? 
I am a big animal fan. I have two dogs (MIka, a German Shepard and Maggie, a Labrador)and two rabbits (Farrah, a lion head and Jesse, a mini Holland lop). My hobbies are playing pool, table tennis, jogging, swimming, and shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment