- Mark Rice gave insight to the Star News Online: “Could NC buy out more hog farms after Matthew’s floods?”
- Dr. Bill Hunt was quoted in Politico: “Why Smart Cities Are Turning Themselves Into Sponges”
- A new BAE undergraduate scholars program with Dragonfly Pond Works was highlighted in CALS News: “New Program Fosters Collaboration Between Students and Industry”
- Graduate student Zac Lentz was featured in a Technican opinion article on the worth of graduate school: “OPINION: Graduate school is worth your time and money”
- Coastal Review Online cites Dr. Mike Burchell and his team’s stormwater management plan in an article on the Eagle Point Golf Club’s conservation efforts: “Tournament Puts Spotlight on Conservation”
- Mark Rice lent his expertise to the News and Observer on state regulations and hog farms: “Do hog farms make their neighbors ill? Jurors may decide soon”
- Does NC need buffers? NC Health News draws from Dr. Mike Burchell's work: "Does NC Need Buffers"
- Dr. Bill Hunt and PhD student Charlie Stillwell speak to the News and Observer on stormwater management. Charlie is also featured in a video in the article: "Development rules ease Triangle flooding but can’t prevent it"
- Students design and race edible cars in Dr. Andy Hale’s BAE 100 class as seen in this CALS News article: “Students Challenged to Design Incredible Edible Cars”
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
April BAE In The News!
News outlets consistently turn to the Department's faculty, staff and students for their expertise and insight on articles locally, regionally and nationally. In April, BAE received coverage from national outlets such as Politico to local media like the News and Observer and NC State's student newspaper, Technician. Here is April's news roundup.
Posted by Rebecca at 5/02/2017